10.04.2010

i want to be a cubist when i grow up







Mini Cooper was kind enough to send me a funky little publication named The Mini International, as an official Thanks! to my leasing one of their speedy toy-looking automobiles.

The magazine featured one of the best architectural concepts I have seen all year: Fincube.

Fincube is my kind of place: small, cozy but sophisticated. Not to mention, it has a slight eco-Star Wars-chic feel about it, which tickles my fancy just fine. (Star Wars = a very guilty pleasure of mine. may the force be with me.)

Perched above a vineyard, forest or the shoreline of your most favorite beach, Fincube fits all of your nomadic needs.

Still a concept, but coming soon, the sample house is in South Tyrol, Italy- which looks like a little haven in itself. I might have to hop over that way this Spring. Because, after thoroughly exploring the site, I confess I've fallen in love...

And to my delight, it's not with a square. But a cube.



OLB

No comments: