1.12.2011

in no straight line



I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.
- Robert Louis Stevenson








































Barely unpacked from my escapade to France this winter, and I'm already on to warmer territories. Panama is calling my name, thanks to long-time excellent friend Sacha. Having never ventured to Central America, I can hardly sleep at night due to constant excitement at the thought of being somewhere completely virgin to me.

Fittingly, whilst perusing through one of my most favorite vintage shops yesterday, I encountered a very Life Aquatic looking underwater camera. Not digital, but film, it has officially been chosen as my ultimate sidekick for Friday's upcoming trip.

My summer wardrobe is rejoicing; my feet are already dancing onwards; I feel the utter thrill of a new adventure coming my way. A familiar thrill, which reminds me that "travel for travel's sake" (as Robertson so aptly wrote,) is the very fuel to my happiest days.

Hasta luego, amigos.

OLB

1 comment:

SPYT said...

yeahhh baby! get here fast!
ps lets go back on the boat.