2.04.2012

nomadic pal num. 3 : aliénor meyer

 

QUICKLY

I AM: Aliénor, 23 (of Alienation) HOME: Rue Mouffetard, Quartier latin de Paris
I'M CURRENTLY: Launching a web tv and looking for a harp teacher.
I DIG: taking night trains + watching jellyfish + retro sci-fi + Tiaras + drawing on book pages
DESTINATION: Kingdom of Jordan. A road trip from the North – Amman + Petra + Wadi Araba + Wadi Mousa + Mount Nebo + Wadi Rum + Jerash - to the South  
WHAT: Culture & Adventure
WHY: because I’m fascinated with Middle East countries (especially Saudi Arabia and it’s a border country)
WHEN: december 2009
WEATHER: warm days, mild evenings
TRIP TUNES: Arabic music 
TRIP THREADS: cameras. I had a big and heavy bag to carry all way long my Canon SLR camera, three different objectives, an holga camera, a disposable camera and photographic films. We also shared with my sister all kind of scarves bought from Bedouin's women on the road and with whom we tied our hair.
CAN'T FORGET EVEN IF I TRIED: Ibrahim's (the driver) declaration of love to my sister Astrid in Wadi Araba while I pretented to be asleep « Me Love you »
NEXT STOP: I would love to see the Nothern Lights in Iceland
       
BEST

RELAXATION SPOT: Floating on the Dead sea with black argile on my skin and a view on Israeli mountains. 
MEAL: Bedouin's special rice and chicken eaten with fingers and a very good libanese (best middle east cuisine) restaurant in Amman, the capital.
DRINK:
Not any, it is a Muslim country ! Just a fresh orange juice at breakfast.
ADVENTURE:
Galloping in the ruins of Petra with pure Arab blood horses. Riding camels in the Wadi-Rum desert which looks so much like Planet Mars with its red sand and monumental rocks.
SLEEP/LACK OF SLEEP:
We spent Xmas eve with a Bedouin family in Wadi Bousa valleys. They offered us a comfortable striped red carpet under their tent. Before going to sleep, the woman showed me her wonderful jewellery collection. Sweet dreams.
 

 Astrid
 
 Astrid + Ibrahim
 Bedouin night
 Bedouin jewels
 Crusaders
Dead Sea
 Jerash ruins
 Little girls loved my H&M jewels
 Relax
 Riding through the Petra mountains
 Sea level
 The castle of the Crusaders
 Wadi Araba
 Wadi Rum Desert
Petra


1 comment:

SPYT said...

Waaaaaah! Trop beau!